Thursday, July 21, 2011

Music To My Ears

Only 9 more days here is Spain, I really in truly cannot believe it and I know I say that every blog, but it has truly hit me that I am leaving soon. The more I get to know everyone over here the harder it will be to leave. I will truly miss Eli a lot, I feel like we have grown closer since I can speak the language better and able to hold conversations rather then her ask me something and my responses are "vale", "si" or "no". Today in class our teacher told us what would be on our final next Thursday. It was suppose to Friday, the last day in Granada, but she let that be an optional day knowing that we might need to leave early and pack. Hopefully everyone's finals will be moved to that Thursday so my group can all go out together one last time that night before we leave Granada. Lately, we have all found ourselves being exhausted and not going out for tapas and drinks most nights like we use to, so I have had a lot of down time. In my down time I have been attempting to compile a list of songs that are popular over here, but a lot of the songs are the same in the United States so I found myself listening to some soothing music but also listening to some artists that me and my roommate, Heather, really enjoy. A guy named Pablo is suppose to be sending me a list of his favorite songs soon, but here are a couple of really popular songs in the discotecas here in spain that I have found besides the same songs they play in the US.
As for some of the songs I have been listening to on my down time and some with my roommate, here is the list:
Augustana always relaxes me when I listen to them
I practically fell asleep listening to Pretty Lights, very chill and relaxing music
This is one of the songs my dad put on my Spain CD that I have come to love
Me and Heather listened to all of our Lady A the other night while getting ready to go out
I told Heather this was my favorite Adele song and it just so happens it was hers to, we are a lot alike
Along with my favorite song "Heavy Cloud No Rain" that my Dad and I love, this is my other favorite
Can never go wrong with a Keith Urban song, this also happens to be my best friend Erica's, from Kentucky, favorite song
A song I grew up listening to from my parents

There are many more songs I could post, but it would be a TON! School has been going good, still learning a lot! I have found a bump in the road though, I have finally had to eat food I did not like. Yesterday, Eli had her niece and her niece's husband over for lunch so Eli made a nice tradition gourmet Spanish meal. We started out with some tapas which included:
  • Artichoke with a raw piece of meat wrapped around it. My taste buds were not too fond of the artichoke, eww
  • Next, we had a white sausage type thing with a piece of cheese. I actually like the sausage and cheese together
  • After the sausage came the raw ham, which is a major Spanish tradition. The ham pretty much tastes like cooked country ham so I enjoyed it.
  • Eli then put the main course on the table... it had mayonnaise lathered on top of it with tomatoes surrounding the edge and olives. She then served each plate and on the inside was lettuce and fish. Now most of you know, I just came accustomed to fish so this was a big step for me actually eating a whole meal. Along with mayonnaise, I usually don't like mayonnaise but have grown to eat it since I have been here.
  • I had about 5 pieces of bread to help me swallow the fish, it was just a little too "fishy" tasting for me and I had run out of my glass of wine that Eli served so I had to clean my plate or it would be rude
I finally finished everything and cleaned my plate! Hopefully no fish today for lunch, one day was enough for me at the time being! As for this weekend, my roommate and I are taking our "skip" day tomorrow and going to get the rest of our shopping done since we will be gone all Saturday to Nerja and then Sunday, the stores close really early. We also are going to head to the Federico Garcia Lorca Museum, he was a famous writer. Saturday we are going to have a fun filled day at the beach with our group. We will be exploring the caves and hanging out on the beach! I am told to wear my Columbia PFG shirt since all the people from California have no idea what me and Liz were talking about when we comparing popular clothing, another difference. Sunday, Heather and I are planning on getting up early and visiting the Science Museum in Granada before it closes at 2:00 then having a chill relaxing day and maybe get our last odds and ends of shopping done. Will keep my readers posted on how Nerja is, should be a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment