Thursday, July 28, 2011

Things I Will Have To Get Use To Again

Well... lots of prayers would be greatly appreciated for my final tomorrow. It is pass/fail and I need to pass in order to take my next spanish class back in the United States in the fall. Studying has been going so so, its hard to study for a final that I am not really sure how it is set up. I have read over my notes lots and lots of times and trying to remember as much vocabulary as possible. Last night was our last night out in Granada before finals and everyone starts studying. It was definitely a success and so glad I got to spend it with all my close friends I have made here. Tonight we are headed to meet our group for a farewell Flamenco Ballet in the Alhambra, I know this is going to be really great!

This blog will be kind of short but I have been talking to my friends here and we have been discussing what is going to be weird to see once we get home. Here is what I can think of....

  • Seeing regular cars, trucks, and SUVS rather than compact smaller cars. Here I have seen absolutely NO trucks at all! 
  • Being able to walk on grass. I have seen little to no grass since I have been here in Spain, they probably use it all for their soccer fields since it is so big in this country
  • Air conditioning on at all times. It has gotten REALLY hot here these last few days so it will be nice to be in air conditioning.
  • Driving my car. I have not step foot in a car in 5 weeks so getting behind the wheel is going to be VERY unusual. I literally walk everywhere and would think I would loose weight by doing that... nope. Eli has been feeding us carbs carbs carbs
  • Watching tv in English, it is weird to watch Greys Anatomy and Sex and the City in spanish with different voices for each character
  • Finally speaking in English all the time, now at the end of the road it has gotten to the point where I am just ready to always talk in English and listening to someone talk in English
  • Sleeping in a quiet room. Since I have no air conditioning when I sleep, we leave our balcony door open and since I am in the middle of the city, we hear all kinds of noises from down in the streets
  • Finally eating peanut butter. I have already requested that for lunch that will be served at noon or 1 rather than 2 or 3 that I have a mixed peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • Drinking milk. I have not seen or had a glass of milk in 5 weeks. A lot of spaniards don't refrigerate their milk so I was not about to ask for hot milk, yuck
  • Not being laughed at for wearing a tshirt out in public. I am probably most excited about this one because I am just so much more comfortable in a tshirt rather than dressing up, especially for class.
Update: I was unable to finish this blog yesterday so I have already taken my final, it went pretty good. Hopefully my teachers will be nice and pass me! Tonight we are all planning on going out for tapas and trying different places since it is really our last night here. Cannot believe I will be back in the United States in 2 days! The closer it gets the more excited I get to be going home. It has been really fun here though and such a great experience. I will miss my host mom Eli and all the great friends I have made though.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment