Monday, July 25, 2011

My Last Weekend in Spain

Well... I would say my last weekend in Spain was a success! Friday was my skip day with my roommate. We slept in late and took our time getting ready, it was really nice to be able to sleep past 7:45 in the morning. We left our house and headed to the Federico Garcia Lorca museum. This museum is located in a big park really close to our house where people come to walk their dogs or just hang out and enjoy being outside. We walked around the park for a while waiting on our tour to start and found a playground in the park. They have these trampolines that are about 2 ft by 2 ft and of course Heather and I acted like kids for a minute and jumped on them. We laughed pretty hard at ourselves while jumping on them. We finally made our way back to the house of Federico Garcia Lorca and started our tour. The tour was only about 20 minutes long but definitely worth it! Everything in the house was original and we even got to see his desk where he wrote most of his books. Even the trees outside in the park were original as well. After our tour at Federico Garcia Lorca was over we decided to head back towards the middle of Granada to start shopping a little bit. We made it to one store and then it hit 2:00 and every store started closing, so we headed home for lunch. Eli made yummy pasta for lunch and after lunch we decided we wouldn't head back out to shop till 5:30 when everything opened back up after siesta time. We took a nice nap and then made our way to the shops. Heather and I, both, did not buy as much as we anticipated but that is probably a good thing so we can still get everything home. We headed back for dinner and then decided we would go out tonight as our last Friday out in Granada. We went to our friends house before and met up with a few people then headed to the Chiputeria but we were only there for about 10 minutes and then headed to Botellon. Botellon is a park where all the students my age go and socialize and hang out before they go to a discoteca or bar. We had a group of about 10 and we all just hung out together. It was pretty chill but a lot of fun to all be together on our last Friday night. We then headed to a bar for a little bit and finally Heather and I headed home about 3:30. It was a fun night!

We woke up early on Saturday to get to the bus to head to the beach! I was so excited, since I have been here I have lost ALL of my tan that I acquired at the beginning of the summer so I was planning on laying out as much as possible! We got to Nerja in about an hour and half on the bus and first went to the caves of Nerja. They were really neat, but we could not have flash photography so all my pictures turned out pretty blurry. That tour last about 45 minutes and we were back on the bus and headed to the beach! A group of us attempted to find a sandy area on the beach but it was mostly rocks and pebbles like Almunecar was. It was such a beautiful day on the beach and we all enjoyed ourselves. The water was FREEZING though, oh my goodness, I couldnt even put my whole body in the Mediterranean and all the California people had no problem since they are use to the Pacific ocean and it is pretty cold as well. With about an hour and 45 minutes till we were suppose to meet back up to head home, 3 of us decided we had too much sun and walked around Nerja and found a place to sit down and get a nice little sweet snack. I ordered a waffle that had vanilla ice cream on top with hot chocolate syrup drizzle on top of the vanilla ice cream, it was amazing! We finally met back up with our group and got on the bus and we were all out like a light. Once we got back home Eli made us pizza, what's new. Heather and I showered and realized how burnt we got and were really tired. I don't think I have been this burnt in a really long time, but it has gotten a lot better We decided we were unable to go out that night so we went and got gelato and heard music down the street and went to see what was going on. Granada holds a music festival in a main area on Saturdays, which mostly consisted of the ages 50 to 80 years old but it was so funny to watch all of them dance. Since it was a low key night and I thought we were just going for gelato I had thrown on a tshirt and khaki shorts. A lady with her two children sat down next to me and I am guessing she did not think I knew spanish and goes to her children "look this girl wore her pajamas out tonight!" her daughter then proceeds to get out of her seat and look directly at me and gave a nice little snicker. I wish I could have reacted fast enough to say something back to them in spanish but it caught me off guard. Heather and I were just astonished she could sit that close to me and say something about me and think that is perfectly okay. It kind of made me mad, but the concert was really entertaining and we enjoyed getting out of the house for a couple of hours. We headed back and went to bed pretty soon after since we were worn out.

We woke up around 10:30 on Sunday morning and got ready to go to the Science Museum in Granada. It is pretty well known so we decided we would go before it closed at 3:00 since we had no other time to go before we left. We met Liz and the 3 of us headed over there. It was really interesting! If I had a whole day to tour it, I would definitely learn a lot more but since we had a limited amount of time we had to kind of rush through certain things to be able to see all that we wanted to. They had different areas like: taxidermy, human body, physics, butterfly area, bird area, planetarium, aviation area. It was really interesting to learn different things from the museum. After the museum we headed home for lunch and kind of took a chill afternoon since everything in the town was closed.

This is week is going to fly by! I only have 2 more days of classes and then my final is 9:00 in the morning on Thursday and then I will be done! I cannot believe it! I started studying this afternoon and planning on getting most out of the way since we all want to go out tomorrow as our last night before hard core studying. Wednesday night we are going to a Flamenco Ballet in the Alhambra and then Thursday and Friday it will finally be time to pack! So excited to see everyone, but pretty sad to leave everything here in Spain and my new friends I have made. Will keep everyone posted on my last days, probably one or two more blogs left!

Here are pictures from my last weekend here in Spain!
Federico Garcia Lorca House


The park

pretty flowers

Heather jumping on the trampoline haha


Botellon with my friends

Jory, we are new found best friends after talking about movies for 20 mintues ha. If you know me, you know I love movies!

Heather, Liz, and Mikhael

Ria and Anthony

caves in nerja



the rocks in nerja where people jump off of

loved my view


such a yummy dessert

albert einstein and i at the science museum

yes this is a wale heart

butterflies


taxidermy area

big fish and this turtle was posing on one leg ha

owl

owl


eagle

yes, this is a vulture... scary

fountains

No comments:

Post a Comment